Research Articles

WHY YOU NEED IONIC MINERALS
Author:
Trace Minerals Research

Your body is truly a masterpiece formed from these same elements. As such, it is important to constantly replenish your body with the elements it expends on a daily basis Chemical and electrical processes are occurring within your body at every moment. These processes can only function correctly if the proper balance of minerals is continually...

Read Article >
Magnesium, Health, And Disease Prevention
Author:
Dr. Chris Meletis N.D.

Magnesium is one of the major mineral nutrients in the human body. Containing approximately 20 to 28 grams of magnesium, 60% is found in the bones and teeth, while the remaining 40% is found in muscle. Serum levels of magnesium range from 1.5 to 2.1 mEq/L; magnesium is the second-most plentiful positively charged ion found within the cells of...

Read Article >
Trace Minerals And Migranes
Author:
Dr. Chris Meletis N.D.

An increasingly large amount of disease today may be attributable to deficiencies in the supply of trace minerals in our diets.1 How can this be the case when the availability of food in our country is unprecedented, with a supermarket on every corner? These deficiencies do not stem from a lack of quantity of food, rather they stem from the...

Read Article >
Trace Minerals and PH, It's Simply A Matter Of Health
Author:
Dr. Chris Meletis N.D.

The human body contains a massive amount of ongoing chemical reactions. The majority of these processes occur within our cells, the smallest building blocks of our bodies. Like any other factory, the body produces wastes that can be quite toxic to the body if not disposed of properly. A large percentage of waste from our cells finds it’s way...

Read Article >
Utah's Sea Minerals - Topical Application
Author:
Dr. Chris Meletis N. D.

Minerals provide a bounty of healing properties that have scientifically validated their use for topical applications. These applications have been shown to have powerful local and systemic effects. The health of ones skin and hair reflects inner health. Indeed, we judge the health of animals and humans alike by their outward appearance of fur...

Read Article >
Electrolytes
Author:
Sara Parent, N.D. Research Associate Kathleen Jade, N.D. Research Associate Alexander G. Schauss, PhD, FACN Senior Director of Research

Electrolytes are the charged substances that result when a salt is dissolved in solution. These positive and negatively charged ions can conduct electricity, and are thus referred to as “electrolytes.” For instance, common table salt is sodium chloride (NaCl). When dissolved in water (or blood), it separates into a positively charged sodium ion...

Read Article >
Minerals and Human Health - The Rationale For Optimal And Balanced Trace Element Levels
Author:
Alexander G. Schauss, PhD

There are 92 elements found in nature, and an additional 22 theoretical and/or observed elements. In addition, there are hundreds of isotopes of the elements, any one of which may play an as yet undiscovered role in human health. In table 1 below are listed the quantities of elements found in the earth’s crust, oceans, and atmosphere. These are...

Read Article >
Boron
Author:
Alexander G. Schauss, PhD

Boron is a light trace element that is turning out to be essential to human health and behavior. The word boron has its origin in the Persian and Arabic words for “borax”, a compound that contains the element boron, and is more often found in dry climates. The importance of boron to human health did not even become apparent to scientists until...

Read Article >
Manganese
Author:
Alexander G. Shouss, PhD

The word “manganese” comes from the Latin word, “magnes”, meaning magnet. For many years manganese fueled the industrial revolution because it was found to increase the resistance of steel to impact. Railroad tracks, for instance, contain 1.2% maganese. Only recently has it been discovered that manganese is vital to human health, hence it is...

Read Article >
Chromium
Author:
Alexander G. Schauss, Ph.D

Is chromium deficiency associated with atherosclerosis? Tissues of humans who have died of heart disease have been found to have less chromium than tissue of humans who died of accidental causes. Also, in those patients with atherosclerotic plaque who died of heart disease, no detectable concentrations of chromium were found in their tissue. In...

Read Article >
Selenium
Author:
Alexander G. Shauss, PhD

The word selenium comes from the Greek word, “selene”, which literally means “moon.” The wisdom of naming this element after the Greek word for moon is illustrated by the ability of pure selenium to increase its conductivity as much as a thousand fold when a sample is taken from pure darkness into bright sunlight. Hence, selenium compounds are...

Read Article >
We stand by the quality of our products.
Get noticeable results or get a refund!